Last Updated: November 17, 2015
1st Reliant understands the importance of protecting the personal information of consumers who use the 1st Reliant website (the “Site”). Federal law requires us to tell consumers how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all sharing. By sharing personal and financial information, you consent to the following:
Information We Collect:
- Information about yourself that you share. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include your age, address, telephone number, Social Security number, employment history, income, account balances and payment history, credit history and credit scores. We collect this information from you over the telephone with our representatives, loan officers and processors, on applications and other forms you complete, and through the Site.
- Information about you we collect from third parties. We may also collect personal information from other sources, such as employers, banks, insurance companies and credit agencies.
- Information from Web Server Logs We record and save information about you from our web server logs such as your Internet [Protocol] (IP) address, the time day you visited and your browser type. This information is used to verify our records and to provide better services to you.
- Information from Cookies In order to offer and provide you with personalized services, we may use "cookies" to store and help track your information. A cookie is a piece of data that identifies you as a unique user. We will not disclose its cookies to third parties except as required by a valid legal process.
Information That We Share:
- Information Shared With Third Parties We do not sell, rent or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except where it is necessary for everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account, or report to credit bureaus and for our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you.
The third parties we may disclose this information to may include title companies, underwriters, loan processing services, appraisers, software providers, marketing services and purchasers of loans. We have confidentiality agreements with the third parties that we work with, prohibiting them from using any personal information they obtain for any other purpose other than those for which they were retained or as required by law.
- Compliance with Legal Process We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our web sites; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Protecting Your Information
While we are committed to protecting your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords you set up and/or any account information.
Links to Other Sites
We encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to visit from We so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Site.
When you contact us we may send you promotional email messages or newsletters. If you do not wish to receive these messages in the future from us, you may modify your preferences by clicking on the opt out link in the email or by emailing us an info@1stReliant.com. Please note that if we have already provided your information to a third party as part of your loan application then you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
We welcome your comments or questions. Send us an email to info@1stReliant.com.